In November, we reported that Holland BPW had a goal of 126 customers by the end of 2018, with 79 already signed up. Let’s see where we are today now that the new network is coming online.
- Total standalone customers: 84.
- Some multi-dwelling units run their own internal networks and take advantage of special pricing of $25/month per extra tenant. Those take the total over 100 customers.
- 30 customers have been activated. 15 more north of 8th Street will go online in the next two weeks, and then BPW will move to the south side.
- BPW has lowered their 2018 goal from 126 to 113 customers, due to more demand than expected for their higher price tier.
- BPW is at almost at 75% of the 2018 goal with the standalone customers.
Customers who sign up now (and 6 already on the list) will be part of a “phase 2” build, which will take place late spring or early summer.
BPW has done zero promotion of the project since November, as they focus on built-out. We expect to see a new push once they identify a wider area that can also be in “phase 2.”
Customer hookups have taken longer than planned. We expect demand to increase once more people experience gigabit fiber.