It has a been a while since we’ve updated, and we’re in what I think will be the hardest part of the Holland City Fiber process: waiting. Like kids waiting for Christmas, we’re waiting for what we know will be a long, slow process to get everyone connected.
Holland BPW published a new update with a few notes that’s worth reading.
The first service node is expected to go live during the summer of 2024. Final phases should be completed by 2026.
- August 2022 – Referendum
- Winter 2022 – RFP for Design and Construction Services
- Spring and Summer 2023 – Vendor Selection, network design
- Fall 2023 – Construction begins. Construction will take place in phases, with services activated upon completion of each phase.
- Summer 2024 – Phase 1 Go Live
- 2026 – Final phases of construction completed
I look forward to the RFP process, but there’s still a lot of waiting to go.
Have questions? Want to help? Email us: [email protected] and talk about #HollandFiber.Website built in Holland, Michigan by